The Leaders Beyond suite of university-level education programs helps IT professionals take their place at the strategic core of the organization … central to business transformation and growth. Through education, IT professionals will become IT leaders armed with critical business skills and expertise, along with the ability to understand, interpret and respond to today’s business challenges.
Programs and curricula are available to meet the needs of individuals and organizations, and custom-designed programs address unique challenges or key business objectives.
Emerging IT Leader Program
Helps IT managers accelerate career success while avoiding common pitfalls and mis-steps.
What does it take to become a true IT leader, contributing to successful business outcomes? This intensive 5-day program is delivered by an outstanding faculty of real-world executives and IT leaders. They share concepts and techniques critical to career advancement, and avoiding common pitfalls and mis-steps … insights the instructors wish they had learned early in their own careers! Gain the benefits of their experience to help you think and act like an IT leader, so you can take the next critical step in your career.
- Gain new insights into the practical challenges of IT leadership, and the business executive view of IT
- Develop collaboration and engagement skills for IT and business environments
- Build skills to make effective decisions, build convincing plans and deliver consistent results
- Learn to understand and manage customer perceptions and needs
- Establish and manage expectations and deliver on them with real business outcomes
Advanced IT Leader Program
Prepares senior IT managers and directors for a move to the next level of leadership.
In a time of fast-paced, continual, and disruptive change, the expectations of IT leadership have never been greater, their challenges never more complex. Using the Leaders Beyond “Mentor-Based Learning” approach, Senior IT Leaders will learn to elevate their capabilities and advance their careers, whether in IT or elsewhere in the organization. The program goal is to transform a senior manager into a strategic and innovative senior executive who is able to execute well and get things done: a strong team builder and team player who is effective and impactful in adding value to the business. Successful participants in this program will understand the evolving role of the CIO and will learn to:
- Create and confirm their role as an executive team member who is integral to achieving strategic business outcomes
- Structure and lead the IT organization for maximum efficiency and effectiveness, including productive collaboration with business stakeholders
- Balance the CIO’s dual accountabilities of enabling innovation and business transformation while operating IT efficiently and effectively
- Articulate key value drivers for the business, including how these drivers can be impacted by IT and other business functions
- Enhance their skills as executive decision makers, taking measured risks supported by high-quality value judgments
Breakthrough Alignment for Business and IT Teams
How to make alignment work and mitigate project delivery risk
Despite an unprecedented investment of time and money in project methodology, tools and process over recent years, organizations continue to face an unacceptable rate of strategic project failure. Why is this?
Studies show that the reason most projects fail is because of misalignment between three main organization elements which are essential to successful project execution:
Organization Strategy, Business Sponsors and IT Project Management
More work on methodology and tools won’t help – improvement begins by understanding the root cause of failure and eliminating it. This program will provide its participants with the knowledge and resources necessary to dramatically improve project execution through breakthrough business and IT alignment.
- To assess the current state of project management in the organization and provide a baseline against which improvements can be measured.
- Identify key issues that will address the active engagement between executive level business project sponsors and project leaders to drive the following learning outcomes:
- Understanding the connections between organization strategy making, project proposal and selection, and project execution to drive results.
- Creating improved mutual accountability through higher levels of joint ownership of key project outcomes (RACI), deliverables, processes and methods.
- Driving a mutual understanding of the connection between project decision-making, lapsed time to decision and impact on project timelines
- Learning how to gain project benefits realization and not just project installation.
- Increasing mutual awareness of structured methods of communication and interaction which facilitate improved execution and reduced conflict.
- Provide coaching as a follow-up to training for those who need it.