The Leaders Beyond suite of university-level education programs helps IT professionals take their place at the strategic core of the organization … central to business transformation and growth. Through education, IT professionals will become IT leaders armed with critical business skills and expertise, along with the ability to understand, interpret and respond to today’s business challenges.
Programs and curricula are available to meet the needs of individuals and organizations, and custom-designed programs address unique challenges or key business objectives.
Emerging IT Leader Program
Helps IT managers accelerate career success while avoiding common pitfalls and mis-steps.
What does it take to become a true IT leader, contributing to successful business outcomes? This intensive 5-day program is delivered by an outstanding faculty of real-world executives and IT leaders. They share concepts and techniques critical to career advancement, and avoiding common pitfalls and mis-steps … insights the instructors wish they had learned early in their own careers! Gain the benefits of their experience to help you think and act like an IT leader, so you can take the next critical step in your career.
- Gain new insights into the practical challenges of IT leadership, and the business executive view of IT
- Develop collaboration and engagement skills for IT and business environments
- Build skills to make effective decisions, build convincing plans and deliver consistent results
- Learn to understand and manage customer perceptions and needs
- Establish and manage expectations and deliver on them with real business outcomes
Advanced IT Leader Program
Prepares senior IT managers and directors for a move to the next level of leadership.
In a time of fast-paced, continual, and disruptive change, the expectations of IT leadership have never been greater, their challenges never more complex. Using the Leaders Beyond “Mentor-Based Learning” approach, Senior IT Leaders will learn to elevate their capabilities and advance their careers, whether in IT or elsewhere in the organization. The program goal is to transform a senior manager into a strategic and innovative senior executive who is able to execute well and get things done: a strong team builder and team player who is effective and impactful in adding value to the business. Successful participants in this program will understand the evolving role of the CIO and will learn to:
- Create and confirm their role as an executive team member who is integral to achieving strategic business outcomes
- Structure and lead the IT organization for maximum efficiency and effectiveness, including productive collaboration with business stakeholders
- Balance the CIO’s dual accountabilities of enabling innovation and business transformation while operating IT efficiently and effectively
- Articulate key value drivers for the business, including how these drivers can be impacted by IT and other business functions
- Enhance their skills as executive decision makers, taking measured risks supported by high-quality value judgments
Personal Effectiveness Workshop
Practical application of the skills and insights required to think and act as a business leader.
This workshop takes students to their next level of competence in solving real and immediate business challenges. Participants return to their work place with:
- Greater understanding of the decision-making process
- Enhanced insight into improving their personal decision-making capability
- Increased options for approaching their most immediate business challenges